5 May is all about dragon boat teams! In 2013, only six university teams competed in the dragon boat races, while this year, 18 Hungarian universities will enter the races to prevail on water. They will be joined by one team from the Visegrad Countries, that of the University of Bydgoszcz, Poland.
Dragon boats are not manned by professional sportspersons, but by enthusiastic amateurs, who will test their strength on the most beautiful stretch of the Danube in Budapest between the Hungarian Parliament and Műegyetem rakpart, cheered on by a vast audience.
Congratulations to the winners!
1. Place: SE – Semmelweis University
2. Place: ÁTE – University of Veterinary Medicine
3. Place: SZIE – Szent István University
1. Place: TE – University of Physical Education
2. Place: SZE – Széchenyi István University
3. Place: BME – Budapest University of Technology and Economics